While deciding which smartphone to buy, many customers are puzzled as to choose a budget phone or a premium one. However, most of them get entangled among the smartphones that fall in the mid-range or those which are priced between Rs. 10000 and Rs. 20000. College students are a group that falls under this category, as many of them are often hard-pressed for money, and thus, prefer to buy a smartphone which belongs to the mid-range category. In this article, we will look at the six best smartphones for university students in 2020.
- Realme 6 Pro- Priced at Rs. 18999, the Realme 6 Pro has a storage capacity of 128 GB along with a 6 GB RAM, 6.6 inch HD display, 43000 mAh battery, a front camera of 16 and 8 MP, a rear camera of 64, 12, 8, and 2MP, and a 90 Hz display.
- Vivo S1 Pro- This model is a Vivo new upcoming phone, which has an initial price of Rs, 19890, a 6.38 inch HD screen, is dual SIM with a 4500 mAh battery accompanied with 18W fast charging, and 32MP front camera. The rear camera of this model is 48 MP+ 8 MP + 2 MP and the phone consists of the Android 9.0 version.
- Samsung Galaxy A50s- The Samsung Galaxy A50s boasts of a storage capacity of both 64 GB and 128 GB which are accompanied with a 4 GB and 6 GB RAM respectively. The storage can be further expanded to 512 GB using a micro SD card. Besides the large storage space, the Samsung Galaxy A50s has dual SIM, a 48 MP rear camera + 5 MP + 8 MP ultra-wide-angle camera, a 32 MP front camera, and a 4000 mAh battery. The model is currently sold for Rs. 17999.
- Vivo Z1x- Another Vivo new upcoming phone, this smartphone has various interesting features like a good battery of 4500 mAh, 6 GB RAM with either 64 GB or 128 GB storage, dual SIM, and a 6.38-inch display. The model is affordably priced at Rs. 15990.
- Redmi K20- The Redmi K-series was launched in the year 2020, and the K-20 model has an all-screen front with no notches or punch holes. The phone design is said to be beautiful, accompanied by an impressive pop-up camera. The model is backed up by Android 9.0 and has a 6.39-inch display screen along with storage capacities ranging from 64 GB to 256 GB, 20 MP front camera, and a 6 or 8 GB RAM. At present, the model costs Rs. 19,999.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max- The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is priced at Rs. 12999, making it the most affordable of all the smartphone models discussed so far. The phone has a solid mid-range processor, quad cameras on its rear, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Its front-facing camera is placed in a centrally located punch hole, and the model possesses many appealing characteristics, such as a 5020 mAh battery, Android 10 version, 32 MP front camera, 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP back camera, and a 64 and 128 GB storage space.
With mobile gaming gaining popularity, especially with the growing prevalence of PUBG Mobile, many youngsters are choosing to buy gaming phones under 15000. Some of the best gaming phones under 15000 include Realme 2 Pro, Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2, Honor 8X, Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, Huawei Honor 9N, and the Motorola One Power.
Though many college students are looking to buy smartphones that fit their budget, some of them may be concerned that a lack of money may prevent them from buying a phone of their choice. Additionally, not having a source of income could deter students from procuring a smartphone. However, students need not worry, as the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network provides loans of upto Rs. 4 lakh to buy smartphones and other electronics across Bajaj Finserv’s one lakh partner stores. This loan can be paid back in easy EMIs over a period of 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, or 24 months.