Time flies quickly when you are in love. It may just seem like yesterday when you two began your journey as man and wife, but a year has passed, and it’s your first anniversary as a married couple. Congratulations! For you two, it’s been a roller coaster ride of lovely, happy, and memorable moments. And an anniversary is the time to cherish and celebrate all those moments that you two hold dear to your hearts and souls. An ideal 1st anniversary would be you two having a grand celebration with all those who played cupid in your love story, or you would be in Paris kissing under the Eiffel Tower. Ahm! Ahm! Not to mention, times are different!
The COVID-19 pandemic has suppressed a lot of options and opportunities. But, this means no 1st-anniversary celebrations. We have got your back.. and we are telling you to chill and thrill at home. We have put together a list of romantic ways to celebrate anniversary at home. Grab the candles, pop champagne, and be in love. Put in some creative efforts to make your 1st anniversary sweeter and memorable; just like the way you two want.
1) Start The Day Romantically: The first sunshine of your anniversary day looks even more bright. Wake up, hug and kiss each other Happy Anniversary. Have breakfast together and share laughs. Give a good start to your day by being with each other.
2) Decorate The House: It’s your first marriage anniversary. A special day in both of your life. And, to commemorate it romantically calls for an ideal atmosphere and surroundings. So, decorate it like your wedding venue. Pick fresh flowers from your garden, blow up foil balloons, display scented candles. Take out your fancy dinner set and engraved champagne flutes. If you had a theme wedding, go unique with your 1st-anniversary celebration ideas.
3) Cook and Bake Together: Cook your special anniversary meal and bake anniversary pastry cake together. This will allow you to have some romantic kitchen moments, Ahah! that you both otherwise miss because of your busy schedule. You can also cook dishes that you both like the most or cuisine that has become your current favourite but can’t go out to have it. Now, have your meal and cake cutting ceremony in the spot you decorated a few hours ago for the wedding day feels.
4) Wine and Dance Night: Nothing kicks off a romantic night like a margarita! Pop the champagne, cling the glasses, and sip love. If you both find joy in the kitchen, you can make your cocktail and mocktail. Have a wine and dance night. Dance, when you are drunk in love, feels so good. When you can’t go out, you become your DJ for your anniversary celebrations.
5) Express Feelings Over Gifts: You both had a long list of 1st-anniversary gift ideas for each other. However, now shopping seems to be a little difficult, but still, you can express your feelings over handmade gifts. And, no token evinces emotions as beautifully as handmade gifts. While you both are deserted at home, you have all the time to handcraft something for each other. Why not give wings to your creativity and love? Get started with a greeting card, explosion box, jar of love notes, photo album, painting, or anything you feel like making for each other.
6) Love Scavenger Hunt: First anniversary celebrations should be both romantic and fun. Right? Moreover, your celebrations should bring you closer so that you continue to celebrate many more years of togetherness. Organize a scavenger hunt and give each other hints. Decoding the hints the person has to find the hidden treasure, this way, you will come to know how better you understand the words of your partner. On every successful attempt, give a kiss to your partner.
7) Take Compatibility Test: Play a game of who knows better each other, or compatibility games to test your love for each other. Ask interesting questions from each other, make an attempt to get to know your partner, get closer.
8) Do A Photoshoot: What’s life? A collection of beautiful memories. Isn’t it? In the past one year, you have captured great moments in the scrapbook of your heart that will stay with you forever. Add more to the collection on your 1st anniversary, by doing a romantic, crazy photoshoot at home for a lifetime of memories. You can order eggless cake online and capture the cake smashing moments, strike the same pose from your wedding day, and create some new moments.
9 Vow Renewal: One year ago, you took vows to be with each other for a lifetime in front of a crowd. On your 1st anniversary, share your vows again with each other. As you are alone in the house, it makes for an intimate moment that you both deserve. You may want to make new promises to each other as well based on your one-year experience with each other.
10 Movie Night: If you both are self-acclaimed movie buffs who like more intimate celebrations, then this one is just perfect for you. Have a movie marathon, go for the romantic ones. Lit up Mirchi lights, grab the popcorn and beverages, get cosy and binge-watch. Hope you will get some interesting ideas to spice up our love and romantic life.
.11 Spa Day At Home: Lockdown has really gotten on our nerves and if you have the same feeling, why not rest and relax. Your anniversary gives you a chance to rejuvenate with each other. Have a spa time at home, embracing each other’s company. All you need is some massage oils. Later, you can also go for a bubble bath, if you both feel like. Help each other unwind and make love like none other.
These were the best ways to honour your 1st wedding anniversary with your partner at home. We are sure these ideas will infuse your celebrations with a high tide of love and romance that you both will enjoy sailing together.